Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Quick Thoughts On The Finals

Just a quick post before I get to the good stuff…

The NBA Finals game 2 rating from Sunday night that inexplicably was scheduled for the exact same time for the Sopranos series finale was down 25% from the game two last year. No one has taken these playoffs very seriously since the end of the Suns and Spurs series outside of a few select series. Unfortunately for the Spurs, they are apparently doomed as the most irrelevant great team of all time.

So now the time has come to stick a fork in the Cavs, give some rings to the Spurs (again) and move on with the rest of our lives (as if everyone hadn’t already done that). If this doesn’t end in four games, I’d be shocked at this point. Cleveland might be able to keep it close so long as the fans are rabid tonight at home, but until the starting lineup changes, and at least “Boobie” gets a crack at making a difference in the game…Well, insanity is going through the same process time and time again and expecting different results. Enough said.

Mike Brown apparently has no qualms with continuing to play Hughes instead of Gibson even though he can’t even score at this point, and I’m done trying to convince him otherwise. I now find myself with hopes of him getting not getting fired, but instead getting a fat contract extension based on his ability to give people like me the same thing to write about after every single game. It’s something else, the man certainly does stick to his guns, and I suppose there’s no arguing that. So with no further adieu, I’m going back to my guns and moving past the realm of professional basketball, overlooking the long (and drawn out) baseball season, (hey, only for right now, I’m only one guy) and taking us to the gridiron.

No comments: